'National Online Competiton in Geospatial Technology - 2019' is based on School Bhuvan - NCERT portal for the students of Kendriya Vidyalayas enrolled in secondary and higher secondary stage (Classes IX to XII). The national online competition is an initiative to promote the use of Geospatial technology through School Bhuvan - NCERT. Participants can use School Bhuvan - NCERT portal to create a map that features an interesting story about any Region/State/UTs/District/Area of India.
The theme of the national competiton is "Explore Story through Map". Contents should be related to geographical space and formulate a compelling story. We encourage to visualize any societal issue which could be presented through maps. The purpose of competition is to encourage the young talent to visualize on the following themes and issues :
• Environmental issues (Air Pollution, Water Pollution, Land Degradation, etc.)
• Natural Disasters (Flood, Droughts, Landslide, Cyclones, etc.)
• Tourist Places
• Any phenomena which can be highlighted through maps depicting human-nature-culture relationship.
An effective map based story may be organized under following headings (in order) :
• Title of the Story (short and crisp, not more than 10 words)
• Map with source (newspaper, textbook, journal/magazines, govt. website, etc.)
• Physical Setting (relief & climate)
• Issues/Problems (focus on the main issue)
• Solutions/suggestions (address the identified problem/Issue)
• The competition is open to students of Kendriya Vidyalayas enrolled in Class IX to XII.
• Entry must be endorsed by the Principal of the school.
• A participant can send only one entry.
• Only one story/entry per individual/team is permitted.
• The team consists of two students only.
• In case of more than one submission, all the entries would be disqualified.
• Only original ideas are accepted, copied ideas/stories would be disqualified.
• NCERT reserves right to cancel and amend the contest and/or the terms and conditions/technical parameters/evaluation criteria.
• The participants should submit the summary of the story map either in Hindi or English.
• Story map based on School Bhuvan-NCERT and summary of the map in 150 words will be submitted through this link.
• Entry submitted through any other medium/mode would not being considered for evaluation.
• Entry received after due date will not be accepted for evaluation.
• Entry should be map centric rather than photo centric.
• Only original ideas are accepted; copied ideas/stories would lead to disqualification.
• Originality of idea includes source of data, methodology and representation of data in the form of maps.
• The story map will be evaluated based on design/organization/legibility & visual appeal (Text/Font, Colour etc).
• Description of story must be given in 150 words.
• Prizes will be given to the top 10 entries.
• All entries will be provided with Certificate of Participation.
• Date of submission will start from February 11, 2019 (There is no fee for Registration).
• Last date of submission: March 11, 2019 (till 11.59 p.m.).
Question 1: What is the procedure to participate/register in the national online competition?
Answer: Participant should fill the registration form and submit along with map and summary. It is mandatory to fill all sections of the form. Duly filled-in registration form should be endorsed by the Principal of the school.
Question 2: How many student/s/teams can participate from the School?
Answer: Any number of students/teams can participate from the School.
Question 3: Can one student/ team submit more than one entry?
Answer: The student/ team can submit only one entry.
Question 4: Can same student be a part of more than one team?
Answer: No, you can submit entry as an Individual or a part of one team only.
Question 5: When will the registration close?
Answer: You can register and submit map along with summary till March 11, 2019.