Create Map from Text (Allowed Delimiters are , ; |)
Point Map (Add XY Data)
1.Text file should contain column names with longitude and latitude
2.If header information is not provided, first two columns should respectively be as longitude and latitude.
1. Maps can be generated for State, District by providing Census 2011 code or Name
2. If Census code is Provided , First column of Text File should be Census code.
3. If Name is provided
(i)For State Level, First coulmn should contain State Name
(ii)For District Level, First two columns should respectively be District and State name
Generation of Choropleth Maps
1. Select Boundary type and Data Match type options.
2. Download templates and add your data.OR
Add joining column information in your text file as per above instructions and Upload by clicking on Text File option.
3.Dropdownlist containing coulmn names of uploaded file is added to the Classification Div.
4. Selection of column name from Dropdownlist will provide options for customizing maps in Color-Ramp/Legend/Edit-Range Div
5. Generate Choropleth maps from your data by selecting color ramps OR color parameters and range parameters
6. Choropleth map is addded to the Map and corresponding layer is added in Layers List div with selected coulmn name and filename.
7. Use Edit-Range option to modify/reclassify corresponding color and range parameters of the map/layer.
8.Click on info and Mouse hover on Map to get the attribute information.
1.By using the Bhuvan Services from this portal, user agrees that NRSC will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss arising from the use of the information. Data cannot be used for any legal purpose and it's for thematic presentation only
2. While, sufficient care has been taken to provide and integrate information from various sources in a reliable manner for value addition in the map visualization, NRSC / ISRO disowns responsibility for any inadvertent errors, beyond its limitations.
3. This portal has been compiled in good faith by NRSC, but no representation is made or warranty given (either express or implied) as to the completeness or accuracy of the information it contains when comparing the datasets from some other sources.
1. Which File formats are supported In GIS viewer?
.txt and .csv file formats are supported. Allowed delimiters are , ; |
2. What are naming rules for file name?
Filename should be of alpha numeric characters only. No special characters are allowed, except underscore. Maximum allowed file name length is 40
3. What are naming rules for column names in a file?
Column names should also be alpha numeric only. No special characters are allowed, except underscore. Maximum allowed column name length is 62.
4. How can I upload a file with file name/column name containing space/special character?
Replace space/special character in file name/column name with '_' and upload the file.
5. Are two or more columns with same name allowed?
No. Columns should have unique names.
6. Is column containing text and numeric values allowed?
No. Column values should be either text or numeric .Classification of data is based on numeric/text data type. Data type (text/numeric) is identified by reading few entries in a column.
7. How can I upload data containing null values in any columns?
Users can replace null values with zero/negative number, if data type of a column is numeric. If data type of a column is text, null value can be replaced with NA (not applicable).
8. Why column name having more than 30 characters are displayed in truncated form (part of name in min-max values display)?
To avoid scrolling and maintain size of the display area, maximum of first 30 characters of column name is displayed.
9. How is layer/theme naming convention generated from text file?
Layer name is added with Uploaded File Name+'_'+serial number+":"+selected column/attribute name. Maximum first 40 characters used for layer name. However on mouse hover on layer name, full name is displayed.
10. What Character encoding/set is supported for text?
11. How to change the layer ordering in map window?
Last added layer will be displayed on top in map window. By changing the check box status(On/Off), layer visibility can be changed.
12. Can I upload a file without column names?
Yes. Column names with column0,column1 and etc will be created by default.
13. How Can I know about matched and unmatched entries of uploaded file ?Can I download unmatched entries?
On successful submission of the uploaded file, shows alert message 'Number of entries matched'. If unmatched entries are found, link to download unmatched entries list is added in corresponding file information div with name 'Unmatched entries'(First three columns of uploaded file are stored).
14. How can I use Excel file in GIS Viewer?
In this version, .txt and .csv file formats are supported and allowed delimiters are , ; |. Excel file should be saved as .csv or .txt.